Saturday, December 26, 2009

Guest Illustrator at Quotizzle.com

Charlie Curran and Emily Quintero are two art school students who decided to create a web site called Quotizzle.com which features intriguing quotes, selected by Charlie, paired with exquisite illustrations by Emily. Interestingly, the quotes themselves are actually part of the illustrations that Emily is creating. They've set themselves the goal of posting a new quote and illustration every day, yet for December they were kind enough to invite me to be a guest illustrator.

I selected one of my favorite quotes from Moby-Dick, a passage from Chapter 60: The Line. I wanted to do something special for their site, so this is not an illustration I will be re-using in my own series of pieces for Moby-Dick. You can see my illustration on their site here.

Many thanks to Charlie and Emily for inviting me to be a part of their project.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on yet more well-deserved recognition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, it was very kind of them to ask me. I was just thinking last night that I'd like to contribute another piece to their fine site.

    ReplyDelete