Thursday, April 29, 2010

A work in progress

It happened again. What started out as something simple became something incredibly detailed. Tonight's piece will be finished and posted tomorrow evening, along with tomorrow's piece so you'll get two illustrations tomorrow. I'm quite pleased with how this one is turning out, but it still needs a few details and then a layer of prismatic colors so it's not quite there yet. What you see below already took me the better part of two hours and it's almost bedtime so it's time to put down the pens and get some rest.

For now, this is how Page 230 is looking...

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this is awesome. I'm a bit embarrassed to say that my first thought was, "man, this looks like the Decepticons version of the Starbucks logo..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leland, given my great love for robots that's not an entirely inappropriate thing to think. Oddly enough, almost everything in the 80s completely passed me by. Maybe I am just a bit too old, but most of what I remember visually and even in terms of pop culture comes from the 70s. I don't think I've ever seen one full episode of the Transformers.

    ReplyDelete