Wednesday, May 12, 2010

One more presentation

If you're in or near the Columbus, Ohio area and you've always wanted to meet me, I will be giving a presentation as part of the Columbus PechaKucha night on Thursday May 13th at around 7:30. The presentation will, of course, be about this Moby-Dick project and will be a greatly condensed version of the lecture I gave at Pete's Candy Store in Brooklyn last month.

What is PechaKucha? From their site...

PechaKucha Night was devised in Tokyo in February 2003 as an event for young designers to meet, network, and show their work in public.

It has turned into a massive celebration, with events happening in hundreds of cities around the world, inspiring creatives worldwide. Drawing its name from the Japanese term for the sound of "chit chat", it rests on a presentation format that is based on a simple idea: 20 images x 20 seconds. It's a format that makes presentations concise, and keeps things moving at a rapid pace.


It should be interesting, to say the least. This event is being held in the Franklinton neighborhood at 400 West Rich Street, Columbus, OH 43215. The evening starts at 7pm and I believe the presentations begin at 7:30. Unfortunately I am second from the end so you'll have to stick around for a while, but there are only 10 or 11 so altogether they will only take an hour. Hopefully I'll see some of you.

2 comments:

The Storialist said...

Pecha Kucha rocks! Wish I could be there!

I sent out a reminder to my friends and fam in Columbus. :)

Matt Kish said...

Thanks Hannah! It went really well and there were a ton of people there. Many of the other presenters were equally fascinating too. It was an honor to be able to share the same bill with them.