Thursday, July 22, 2010

Cheryl Sorg

Artist Cheryl Sorg, who makes art "inspired by (and made from) books" and whose web site is the home for a simply astounding collection of art, was kind enough to leave a comment several days ago and a link to her own Moby-Dick inspired piece. It is something drastically different than my own work, but it is truly breathtaking. I would post an image here, but I think it's important that you see it for yourself on her site and take a long look through her galleries so you can get some sense of context for her work. It is well worth the time, and I am really stunned that a fine artist of her caliber had such complimentary things to say about my own project.

So, Cheryl Sorg's Moby-Dick piece here.

And Cheryl Sorg's online galleries here.

2 comments:

  1. Her book-inspired work is really quite remarkable. So different conceptually and aesthetically from my own, which is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete