Tuesday, April 12, 2011

My art, in California...

This one is long overdue, but it’s because I lost a few emails and almost dropped the ball. Back in February, Austin B. in California bought one of my pen and ink whale studies from the Etsy shop and was kind enough to send along a photo of it hanging on the wall in his apartment. He was at first oddly apologetic about the art that it was hanging next to (a piece by an artist whose name I can’t recall but will be happy to link to if anyone knows) on account of the profanity, but in a lot of ways I can actually really understand where that artist is coming from. I feel the same way sometimes, and I think the pairing really works well.

UPDATE: The artist behind the fantastic "FUCK ART" piece is named Luis Vera, and he operates out of Pasadena, California. I wasn't able to find a site to link to, unfortunately, but his work does speak loudly. And in very very good ways.

The piece Austin bought is one of my favorites because it was the first time I really felt like I was able to do what I wanted to do with a brush and ink. I was a little sad to see it go, but it’s good to know it’s hanging where it will be viewed and appreciated and in good company. And as you all know, that means a lot to me...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The artist's name is Luis Vera, and he works out of Pasadena.