Tuesday, July 26, 2011

More Moby-Dick art available in the Etsy shop


Okay, I'm only going to let myself get all personal like this one time. In just about 3 weeks in mid-August, my wife and I will have been married for 10 years. We're taking a vacation someplace wonderfully hot and sunny and we are both really looking forward to it. Since there is no way I would have ever finished this project without her love and support, and since this is the first anniversary in two years where I haven't been completely distracted and buried by art responsibilities, I want to do something special for her. I've decided just this once to be a brazen profiteer in terms of my art so yesterday I added a big group of 22 new pieces to my Etsy shop. It's a real mix of art, from very simple and inexpensive illustrations to some of the largest, most complex and most elaborate pieces.

This will be all the art I add to the shop until some time in late August when we've gotten back and things have quieted down a bit. Okay, brazen profiteering is now officially over.

5 comments:

scott said...

Hope y'all have a great time....and I hope the place is Hawaiii!! I was there 6 years ago and was blown away by the beauty, hopefully Rebecca and I can get there for our 30th

PEZ said...

Just returned from the Florida Keys- warm and sunny. Enjoy your time away as you both deserve it.

Matt Kish said...

Hey Scott! It's not Hawaii (although we think we're finally going to go there next summer) but it is someplace very hot, very sunny, and very special to us. We're looking forward to it, and this might be my last little bit of peace and quiet before the publicity for the book begins in earnest. Not that I am complaining, and I am quite excited about some of the things we have planned to promote the book. But I'm going to be a tired man by Thanksgiving.

12 more days until vacation!

Matt Kish said...

Welcome back Paul! I've been to Florida many times but never had the chance to visit the Keys. I've heard nothing but fantastic things about them, and I kind of secretly hope to be able to retire there so maybe!

weaverknits said...

Enjoy every minute of the oppressively hot weather. You deserve it.