Friday, August 12, 2011

Finally

Okay, not Moby-Dick related, but still very exciting to me. Author John Minichillo, who has just written a truly brilliant novel called The Show Whale which re-examines Moby-Dick through a delightfully skewed modern lens, was kind enough to ask me to provide an illustration for a short story of his that was to appear at the online literary magazine Smokelong Quarterly. This was a bit of a thrill for me because I have been laboring after the White Whale for so long now that it was a joy to turn my efforts to something new. You can read John's story, titled "Finally," and see my illustration right here and you can buy his novel The Snow Whale right here. I didn't do the cover, which I quite like, but I did do some illustrations based on the novel. They are not in the book, but will hopefully see the light of day soon. So here is one now...


1 comment: