Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Come see me in Minnesota

Tomorrow night I will be giving a rather lengthy talk about art, Moby-Dick and my own book at 7:30 pm in Room 212 of the Jones Science Center building at Concordia College in Moorhead, Minnesota. You can find more details here or at this really nice looking flyer they put together...


This is weird and exciting for a lot of reasons. First, due to work commitments, my wife will not be able to make the trip for me so I will be all alone. Second, I've never ever been to North Dakota so I am imagining a white hell with snowdrifts 75 feet tall. Third, I've enjoyed all of my book events a great deal, but the ones at colleges or universities where I've been able to talk to students and educators have been the most intriguing. And fourth, I might be part of a short documentary on comics while I am there. It should be an interesting trip.

2 comments:

  1. Matt, I love that the image on the flyer is one of the pieces I have. If you get a chance, see if you can grab an extra flyer for me.

    Have a fun trip and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sean. I'll make sure I snag a few flyers. I've got quite a nice scrapbook going at this point, but I'll bring you one too.

    ReplyDelete