Thursday, April 26, 2012

Photos from S.P.A.C.E. day two

Well, I took hardly any photos at all on day two of S.P.A.C.E.. I don't know why. I'll just share a few impressions, post the photos, and leave it at that.

Oddly enough, this was my most successful S.P.A.C.E. ever. Saturday started out incredibly slow but picked up to an almost frantic pace by the second half of the day. Sunday was very very slow all day, but at the end of the show, when I counted up what I had made, I did much better than I initially thought.

I completely sold out of both hardcover and paperback versions of my book Moby-Dick in Pictures, sold out of the small all-ages comic I did with good friend Dara Naraghi titled All in a Knight's Work, and almost sold out of my art zines Taproot and The Solar Brothers, Volume III. I sold some original art and traded one of last year's Heart of Darkness drawings for some cash and this absolutely remarkable (and enormous) Mark Beyer silkscreen. Sorry for the small image, it's all I could find online.


It was genuinely thrilled to see longtime art friends Ivana and Adina there, as well as to share table space with friends Gigantic Joe Kuth and Luscious Leighton Connor. I also got a really sweet drawing of a female knight (complete with bared breast) from Tom Williams. I'll post an image of that soon. Okay, here are the few photos I took...

A sketch I did in Dara Naraghi's con sketchbook. This is a study for Marlow, from Heart of Darkness...


Half of the sketch and Dara's hairy chin...


A better photo of Dara, who seemed very pleased with the sketch I did...


And finally, Tom Williams, stunned at how awesome my sketch was...


And that's all. See you next April at the next S.P.A.C.E.!

2 comments: