Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Happy Birthday, King.

Jack "King" Kirby would have turned 95 today. No other artist has had such a hold over my imagination for so long, and that will never change. Kirby fundamentally changed comics in unbelievable ways, and his legacy simply cannot be overstated. There will be many tributes online today, most of which will be far more articulate than anything I could ever write. I am just going to share some of my favorite Kirby images. And really, what you see below is a tiny sample of the greatness the King created. Happy birthday Jack.












































And finally, this awesome picture of the King with his son, imitating the Silver Surfer.

2 comments:

  1. Oh by the way I totally scavenged this post for pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mordicai, I take that in every way as a compliment. Glad I could share!

    ReplyDelete