Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Me and the kids at the Urban School of San Francisco

I was able to spend about an hour talking to a pretty brilliant group of kids from the Urban School of San Francisco via Skype and they recorded the whole thing. There were about 45 students from both the American Romanticism and Drawing classes, and we had a pretty fantastic conversation about art, process, inspiration, and literature. Honestly, they asked some of the most perceptive and challenging questions I've ever had regarding the Moby-Dick illustrations. I didn't even know they were recording it, but I'm pretty sure I didn't say anything stupid. It runs about an hour, but if you'd like to check it out on Vimeo, you can do so right here. Many thanks to Jonathan Howland and Courtney Rein at the Urban School for setting this up. It was a true honor.

No comments: