Monday, December 17, 2012

"...it was written I should be loyal to the nightmare of my choice."

We are, I think, the architects of our own fate. If so, then I am doing this to myself. I have been plagued by bleak thoughts for some time now. I don't sleep much and when I do it is not well. I was struggling to understand why this had come into my life, and almost by chance I noticed these three images I was working on at the same time. Placing them side by side, a clearer picture of why I remain troubled emerged. These are the thoughts and ideas that I must fill myself with, hour after hour, day after day. I need a change.

5 comments:

  1. Please do make a change. Can you take any time off from drawing? Take a night or two away that's not to speak about your art?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Avoid the news and any forum (like YouTube comments) where anonymous people inject divisiveness into a normal discussion. Eat a locally grown apple, listen to the sounds of your street, look at the stars.

    Well, it helps me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps, take a day off to paint a portrait of your wife. Pour your energy into beauty, and let it feed you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Geesh, I hope everything's alright. Email me or call if you need to talk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone. I feel a bit silly about complaining now, but I do sincerely appreciate the advice and the kindness. I was just letting some things foolishly get the better of me.

    ReplyDelete