Sunday, December 16, 2012

The World's Largest Personal Collection of Nazgul Art, part 1

So, due to my obsession with the Nazgul, and the Witch-King of Angmar in particular, I have been asking my artist friends as well as several artists who take commissions to create for me their own unique interpretation of that Witch-King. The response has been phenomenal, and every one of these illustrations has been a wonderful shocking surprising treasure. I plan on continuing this for quite some time, as my art budget allows, and this is only the first group of what I hope becomes an even larger collection. I'm going to post them in the order that I received them over the last month or so. Take a look at what I am optimistically christening the World's Largest Personal Collection of Nazgul Art!

The Witch-King of Angmar
by Tom Williams


The Black King
by Matthew Houston


(Matthew was also kind enough to make for me a print of this incredible digital piece he did titled Witch-King.)


The Witch-King of the Nazgul
by Josh Simmons


Witch-King of the Nazgul
by my wife


Witch-King of Angmar
by Scrap Princess


(Scrap Princess was also kind enough to give me this drawing of just a Nazgul too.)


The Witch-King of Angmar
by Patrick Kyle


The Witch-King of the Nazgul
by F. Raymond Sickly


I am absolutely ecstatic about all of these pieces. The range of vision is astonishing, and I am fascinated by how each and every artist interpreted the Witch-King of Angmar in vastly different yet instantly recognizable ways. Just brilliant. These pieces are all MINE! And they will all be framed and hanging on my walls very soon. And, hopefully, there will be a part two of The World's Largest Personal Collection of Nazgul Art soon, as I have at least three more in the works, am working on one of my own, and hope to acquire more. Are you an artist? Do you take commissions? Would you like to trade art? Let me know.

3 comments:

  1. I haven't made any art in years but now I really, really want to do a Witch King of Angmar. These are all amazing.

    Hmmm...... in February, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Richard, you should totally do one in February and at the very least send me a scan. I'd love to post it here, with your permission of course.

    And I agree, the results of this little exercise in commissioning art from others yielded an amazing bounty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure I know someone that would love to draw a Nazgul and send it to you!

    ReplyDelete