Wednesday, January 23, 2013

New Work

In spite of what may have appeared to be radio silence on the art front, I've been working quite diligently on another project. These will be 16 illustrations for a short but brutal, terrifying and spiritual book coming out later this year, co-written by two brilliant author / poets. I'm not sure how much more I can say now, but I'll start posting some of the scans soon. The book has 16 short chapters, so I am creating an illustration as a visual response to each one. They will be printed in black and white, but I hope that one of my pieces may be used for the cover so I am including some red and gray in each piece. When reproduced in black and white, the red will look fine as gray. Also, in spite of the fact that the book will probably be a small paperback, I am working large. These are all 11" by 14", ink on watercolor paper, and ready to frame. Here is a quick snapshot of the first nine illustrations. What do you think so far?

2 comments:

  1. Brutal and terrifying indeed! Not sure which one I like better. The project sounds interesting, can't wait to see more of you work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be able to post these original scans soon, probably starting tomorrow. It's a pretty intense book, which is thrilling, but it is brutal and dark and I think after this I will take a short break.

    ReplyDelete