Wednesday, March 17, 2010

MOBY-DICK, Page 197

Title: Was it not so, O Don Miguel! thou Chilian whale, marked like an old tortoise with mystic hieroglyphics upon the back!

10.75 inches by 13.75 inches
ink and marker on found paper
March 13, 2010


  1. i love every page; and then i love some pages more. as i do this one. some big time publisher might be interested with your project (they should!). yet, if a subscription were necessary (or the chosen path), i would definitely participate.

  2. lizzyg, thank you very much, your comments and compliments are very deeply appreciated. I too am very fond of this page and would love to be able to lavish this kind of attention on every one of the illustrations. This piece took me between 4 and 5 hours total, and I was able to work on it over several days. If only I had more time!!!

    I will actually be writing a short "questions people ask me" post in the next day or so explicitly addressing whether this will ever be a book or some kind of publication. Should be up by tomorrow I think.


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.